Responsible for the timeliness, completeness, and quality of the overall production operations of the Hot Kitchen. Monitors the cleanliness and safety compliance of all line cooks in their respective food stations. Inspects and maintains the availability of stock and equipment. Leads the team in the assigned hot kitchen food station(s) to follow shift standards and protocols. Provides regular feedback and coaching with line cooks and stewards directly supervised.
1. Ensures adherence to daily production schedule by:
a. Checking on time preparation of all hot kitchen materials and equipment.
b. Reinforcing on time releasing of all hot kitchen foods.
c. Performing process check for products with quality-related issues as necessary.
d. Troubleshooting for products with quality-related issues as necessary.
2. Ensures daily availability of stock, materials, and equipment by:
a. Inspecting supplies and equipment in the assigned hot kitchen food station(s).
b. Performing daily inventory count at the end of the shift.
c. Accomplishing requisition forms for products and other supplies with insufficient stock.
d. Storing all stations' products properly.
3. Performs food preparation (e.g., ensuring all ingredients are on hand) in the assigned hot kitchen food station(s).
4. Reinforces health and safety standards by:
a. Monitoring the cleanliness of the working areas (i.e., hot kitchen food stations and staff room) and conformity of staff to set hygiene standards.
b. Maintaining own cleanliness and grooming.
c. Adhering to GMP and HACCP standards.
- Completion of at least two years of studies in college or 2 years vocational course (Food-related courses are preferred)
- Basic knowledge in cooking methods, ingredients, and equipment
- Basic knowledge in kitchen and food safety standards
- Basic knowledge in cleanliness and sanitation, including waste management and pest control
- Knowledgeable in quality control, HACCP and GMP principles