Responsible for analyzing, implementing, and monitoring procedures to ensure the proper inventory management of the store. Assists store management in the implementation of inventory movement to ensure integrity and accuracy. Leads cycle and period counts to identify and eliminate any discrepancies.
1. Performs inventory analysis and procedures to support store operations by:
a. Preparing purchase requisition slips (PRS) and standing purchase orders (SPO) and forwarding them to the commissary.
b. Tracking pending orders to close all open purchase orders (PO) and SPOs.
c. Inspecting items received to ensure quality of goods and matching them against delivery receipts.
d. Monitoring all available items while optimizing storage in the store.
e. Promoting a first-in, first-out (FIFO) system to ensure no spoilage or wastage of inventory items.
f. Documenting all inventory movements (i.e., everything that goes in and out of the inventory).
2. Implements inventory controls to mitigate discrepancies with regard to the inventory by:
a. Validating ending inventory as beginning on hand.
b. Performing periodic forecasts (weekly, monthly) to ensure accurate stock and controlled inventory levels.
c. Investigating and reporting any discrepancies in a timely manner.
3. Conducts training for new inventory assistants, provides them feedback, and conducts evaluations.
4. Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor's degree in relevant to the job (Business or Industrial Engineering is preferred)
More than 1 year of experience in inventory management
Knowledgeable on the following:
- Conti's products, services, and store offerings
- Inventory management
- FIFO system
- Food production
- Safety labels