Production Manager leads the Industrial Engineering and whole production department covering all three (3) production lines (MLT, BPS and SDF). His/Her role is to execute all the strategic plans of top management that involves Industrial Engineering and production. He/She is accountable for the continuous improvement programs and the 4M’s in the production line (Man, Machine, Method and Materials), ensuring efficiency of processes and usage of materials while maintaining productivity of both machine and manpower. Overall role of Production Manager is to lead and manage the cost center which is production.
1. Responsible for overall manpower scheduling and setting manpower complement levels.
2. Responsible for driving, leading, managing, inspiring and developing manpower for all 3 production lines of MFI.
3. Responsible in management of equipment ensuring its functionality and efficiency with support from Engineering.
4. Responsible for the efficient usage of materials focused in maximizing its utilization and minimizing waste.
5. Responsible in executing consistency of process compliance across the production department.
6. Ensures the development of Line Mangers and oversees the performance of Production Officers and Product Specialist.
7. Ultimately responsible for completing all required work orders to satisfy the demand planned out by the Production Planning and Control Department.
8. Ensures compliance with SOP and health and safety Procedures.
9. Ensures compliance with Quality standards set by QA/QC and R&D.
10. Drives data collection and analysis of production information to support quality control and production efficiencies
11. Set/Manages/Controls Production Budget and Spending
12. Engages with all other departments for planning
13. Representative of the Production Department in the MFI ManComm
14. Co-leads (w/ Prod Planning and Control Manager) the OpComm meetings – ensuring collaboration across all departments
15. Coordinates with all support functions required to execute the production plan.
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferably in industrial or manufacturing engineering / Master’s Degree is an advantage
2. 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or food commissary environment
3. 5 years of experience in management of manufacturing teams and managers
4. Exposed to resource planning application such as SAP, Oracle & ERP software