RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Responsible for executing commercialization of new product development (NPD), product and process improvement. Reviews the request for equipment upgrade of the plant. Test, review, and set standard for Commissary production processes and products, raw materials, and equipment.
1. Conducts commercialization for New Product Development and product and process improvements by:
a. Planning and coordinating batch trial schedules with supervisors, Production, Quality Control and
b. Recommending product and process improvements under Commissary
c. Performing food preparation (e.g., ensuring all ingredients are on hand) and cooking techniques (e.g. sauté, baking, slicing, frying, and grilling) or baking techniques (e.g., decorating, assembling, coating, layering, staging) in batch size for sensory evaluation.
d. Conducting test/experimentations (e.g., in dimension, acceptability, sturdiness of sample).
e. Setting standards and control points (e.g., mixing time, air time, length) of products and processes.
f. Documenting the details and the changes, including the raw materials, prices, and processes.
2. Reviews and validates the compliance of CBO production with the recipes as directed.
3. Conducts kitchen testing as directed.
4. Prepares, submits, and files R&D-related reports (e.g., daily activities report, validation report, weekly report, finished good report, commission report, and recipes).
5. Attends or conducts meetings as necessary (e.g. pre-batch trial meeting, NPD, department meeting).
6. Provides support to R&D-related projects (e.g., development of corresponding manuals).
7. Escalates R&D concerns and provides corresponding recommendations as necessary.
8. Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology, Nutrition, Culinary, or any food related course/s
2. With at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience in Recipe Development preferably in baking and pastry making
3. Knowledgeable on the following:
a. Basic cooking skills such as sauteing, stewing, frying
b. Basic baking skills in breads, cakes, pastries
c. Good palate taste
4. Can customize products based on client's requirements
5. Can work under pressure and with positive work attitude
6. Highly innovative and creative
7. Excellent negotiation and communication skills
8. Knowledge in food costing, commercialization, training and documentation
9. Able to source and test alternative raw material and ingredients of existing recipes and new products